Wednesday 26 January 2011

A good start to (what's gonna be) a good New Year!

Hi, remember me?

I'm so sorry it's been such a long time since I wrote anything on this blog, I really am a slacker. I even tried to start a new blog to get myself back into blogging but after one post I decided to give up as I much prefer this blog and it's better anyway. So here I am again and I'm going to try very hard this time. Promise.

As many of you know, I hate January and Febuary. They are like my nemesis'! Every year, without fail, I get the blues, some years are worse then others and some are manageable. Last year was terrible but this years is shaping up to be ok, although I don't want to talk too soon, I might Jinx myself.

The year started with a fantastic New Years Eve Party. And the best thing about it was that it was (on my part) very last minute and not stressful at all. I think the only stressful part of the entire day was trying to find the right size (very big) and the right amount (a lot) of fireworks for Philipp. For him, New Years (or Silvester as they call it in Germany) is very simple; friends, fireworks and alcohol. For me, the only thing I want is not to have to go out into the city and mix with all those people who take Silvester as an excuse to get incredibly drunk and dress in clothes that are really not suited to January weather. This year was great, we got a bunch of friends together and went to Jan and Georgie's, we had a dinner of Raclett followed by a couple of drinking games, a bit of dancing, a LOT of fireworks and to finish off, a game of Wii. It really was a great evening!!

Thanks guys!

Picture taken by Jan P.
Photo taken by Jan P.

Wrapped up against the cold. 
Photo taken be Greg G.

1 comment:

Georgie said...

yes yes yes, we have done well this year in the fun department!!!!!