Friday, 12 November 2010


Philipp and I took an overnight Ferry to England from Amsterdam. What a mistake! Philipp was fine but I was constantly feeling 'almost' sick and whilst walking through the ship that feeling always turned into feeling 'really' sick. Maybe it was the movement of the ship and my own movement combined which made me go green, whatever it was, I was not happy. However when we woke up, all was calm and I began to recover, even smile a bit! (seen here!)
The drive from Newcastle down towards home was very quick and we even arrived in time for Lunch!! It was so lovely to be back home amongst my family and the green fields of the Village. Writing this now, (a good few weeks later) in the middle of a city where one has to search to find green, I find myself feeling extremely homesick! Well, you would if you'd grown up in a place like this:

Home, Sweet Home
To be brutally honest with you, this isn't going to be a very long post or very interesting, because while we were with my family there was so much to do, (my sister moved house during the two weeks we were there) and not a lot of time to get the camera out. It was lovely to see the kids though, and to see how much they have grown. Selma is talking so much and all the time, even in her sleep and Lotta has started to bottom shuffle, which is the sweetest thing I have ever seen.
However I did manage to get out to York to see my friend Vicky, who I hadn't seen in at least two years. Shame on me, I know, but life does have a habit of getting in the way of things. I spent the night at her place and we had great fun, cooking dinner, drinking a glass of wine, catching up and I got to finally meet DanDave (as I like to call him). Also she has just recently got a Puppy, a Rhodesian Ridgeback who is already huge but not scary at all. Those of you who know me, know that I have a bit of a fear of dogs in general, especially if they jump up...... scares the living daylights out of me until I get to know the dog. But Sid was lovely and even though he was kind of excited and jumpy, he didn't scare me at all!

Sid the Rhodesian Ridgeback

So apart from moving house for my sister, not much happened while we were in England, nothing hugely exciting anyway. Oh wait, one thing did happen, something that was very stressful for me but on the other hand, very good for me too. But that's another story and one I'm going to save for a rainy day!

Lotta and I on a walk to the Back of the Dale.

Have a great Friday everyone xxx

No comments: