Saturday 11 May 2013

Prague. Day II (at night)

We met some friends last night in a really cool bar called 'Black Angels'. Such a cool place but they had a photography ban so I can't show you what it looked like. It was divided into different rooms so if you go there with a big enough group you get a section to yourself. They had huge chandeliers hanging in some rooms and on the walls hung beautiful gold frames with pictures of.... I can't really remember what they were of, because I was so interested in the frames. Oh dear, sometimes my attention to detail (or lack thereof) shocks me! Philipp tells me that the pictures were of sailing vessels, in all shapes and sizes. Thank goodness I have him to fill in the gaps in my stories.
There was little bars hidden in different rooms and the waiters were lovely and most importantly, always there when you wanted a new drink. In our room we had a huge model ship hanging on the ceiling and a fish tank. 

We would never have found the bar if we hadn't met with Sarah, who is from the Czech Republic and knows where to go. Plus from the outside it wasn't too spectacular, it looked like any bar does.

After that we moved onto a bar where her cousin work and that too was just brilliant, it was called anonymous, like the Internet revolution group and their 'logo' was the anonymous face. In the entrance they had lots of typography on the walls, all in black and white. 





But the best bit about the bar was the chairs at our table, I'm not kidding, they were like thrones. With red upholstery and beautiful carved woodwork. I didn't take a photo because it was far too dark but someone else did, so as soon as I get my hands on it I'll post it too. 

All in all, a great night and even better, a great view of Prague from an insiders point of view! 

Lots of love, Madi xxx

No comments: