Monday 28 May 2012

Summer is here...

Summer really has arrived in Stuttgart, at least the weather says so. It's warm everyday and even If the sun isn't shining, it's nice enough to sit outside without a jacket. I love it. But I'm sure it won't be long till I start complaining that it's far too hot! Let's enjoy it now while it's still bearable!
Last week a friend came to stay and we went for a walk around Stuttgart picking elderflower to make cordial. We found soo much! Im not Even sure if we're allowed to pick it but no one stopped us or said anything so we carried on!
The recipe is so easy, I'll post it later for you all to try. Just remember, it cordial so don't be shocked with the amount of sugar that goes in!! I know I was.
Last night I was invited to a BBQ and as my 'bring something' I took a small bottle of cordial with me. It was an absolute hit! The best way to drink it is with sparkling wine, ice and mint leaves. Unfortunately we didn't have any ice or mint but it tasted great even without it!!

Have a great Monday everyone!


No comments: